The Opportunity Europe Euro Quiz is designed to test students’ knowledge of all things European in a fun and friendly atmosphere!! The overall goal is to support pupils in their thinking about Europe and European issues and to stimulate them to want to find out more about life in other countries within Europe.
It is hoped the event will act as a curriculum resource for schools and can be integrated into the wider learning experience.
We are keen to encourage participation and so the rules of the quiz are very straightforward:
- Schools are asked to complete the ONLINE entry form which can be found HERE
- There will be five regional heats as listed HERE
- A maximum of 10 teams will compete in each regional heat – consequently it is important to submit your entry as soon as possible.
- The two teams with the highest scores in each regional heat will go forward to the Grand Final which will be held in Belfast in May.
- Each team will consist of a total of six members – made up of two students from Year 8, two students from Year 9 and two students from Year 10.
- Each school may only enter ONE team.
- Every student taking part will receive a certificate of participation together with an EU goody bag with useful information.
- As this is a school event, pupils are asked to attend in school uniform.
- Photographs will be taken at each regional event and the Grand Final and will be used for press releases and online galleries of the event. The final will also be live streamed and the recording made available online as a learning resource. Schools are asked to ensure that they obtain parental consent for this when selecting team members.
- The decision of the organisers is final in all matters.
- Teams are asked to arrive at their regional heat not later than 10.30am to facilitate registration. Light refreshments will be served on arrival.
- The first round of questions will begin promptly at 11am.
- Each heat will consist of 8 rounds of questions on different aspects of life in Europe.
- Each heat will finish at approximately 12.30pm. Students and teachers will be offered a finger buffet lunch.
- Each heat will conclude by 1pm.
- If you have queries about any aspect of the event please use the details on the “Contact Us” page of this site.